Monday 13 May 2013

Musical Monday #8

It’s that time again.

The Point of Musical Monday is to cheer me (and you) up because I’ve been really down lately.  However, I’m not actually down today.

Here are just some of The Feel Good Things I’ve been doing this week:

Exercising.  I’ve become bored of being Mr-Burns-weak and have decided to become FIT.  I know I tried that once before, and it only lasted three days, but I’m going to stick at it this time.

Eating.  I discovered a whole vegan chilled section at Tesco that I didn’t know existed.

Looking after a pet.  The Tortoises are here and caring for another living being does make life a lot more fulfilling.

Watching TV.  I’m watching the final season of Frasier which is probably the most deliciously over the top and therefore energetically hilarious.

Messing about on Twitter.  A while back I discovered a whole bunch of fellow Philip Quast fans on Twitter and this week I asked them to cheer me up.  As well as sending me some wonderful Quast-stuff, we started telling terrible jokes and one of them led into a stream of awful punning.


Valerie @phantom0794
Q: How much do pirates pay for corn? A: A buccaneer...

Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
That's so corny! Arghhhh... ;)

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
Or maybe it's too a-maize-ing! Gah, someone stop me, please! ;)

 The Hill @RLJHill  
I can barley take any more of this.

 Valerie @phantom0794
Getting lots of mileage out of this kernel, aren't ya?? ;p

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
There's a grain of truth in that. :p

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
Same here. I canola take so much. ;p

 The Hill @RLJHill  
You are cereal killers of jokes.

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
We're a bit flaky, yes.

 Valerie @phantom0794
But I still want you all to have a rice day

 The Hill @RLJHill  
With a bran like yours, I'd expect you to come up with better jokes.

 The Hill @RLJHill  
Perhaps wheat better stop.

 Valerie @phantom0794
Giggling must stop.. Need to go oatside and get some fresh air...

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
I corncur. ;p

 The Hill @RLJHill  
This has brought such a rye smile to my face.

 Valerie @phantom0794
Good clean fun...no bulgur comments

 The Hill @RLJHill  
hay, this has been fun.

 The Hill @RLJHill  
Your punning is ex-straw-dinary.

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
It'll take me a while to millet over.

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
Even though I'm squirming with every fiber of my being.

 The Hill @RLJHill  
I can seed why it'd take a while.

 Valerie @phantom0794
Who planted this idea to begin with...

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
Oh, who planted the SEED, you mean! ;)

 The Hill @RLJHill  
Now, now, no blaming, be a good spore.

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
I think you may have spelt that wrong. ;))

 Mia @PhilipQuastFan  
As exciting as this has been, I must go. There's polenta for me to do.

 The Hill @RLJHill  
Semolina.

 The Hill @RLJHill  
I couldn't think of any more and I couldn't work out how to get that one in.

 Valerie @phantom0794
Thought you were just pollen my leg for a minute... Glad there wasn't a hidden meaning lost on me ;)

 The Hill @RLJHill  
No, I'm seriously (cerealsly?) stumped (does stump count?).

 Valerie @phantom0794
Sure! I certainly won't bark about it ..

 The Hill @RLJHill  
Thanks, then I won't grass you up either.

 Valerie @phantom0794
Thanks.. We don't want any deep rooted hostilities

 The Hill @RLJHill  
Shoot, I just can't think of any more.

 Valerie @phantom0794
and we've done rather well, for peat's sake...

 The Hill @RLJHill  
weed better not stop now!

 The Hill @RLJHill  
I'm having sow much fun.

 Valerie @phantom0794
Glad no one's told me to sod off yet

 The Hill @RLJHill  
If they did, it would soil our fun.

 Valerie @phantom0794
they can just leaf us alone then!

 The Hill @RLJHill  
Don't worry, it'll be vine.

 Valerie @phantom0794
just because we're willing to go out on a limb...
 

How could you not feel UP after that?

But there’s always room for a musical number.

And this week, while rooting out the films I took of The Tortoises two years ago, I came across this video from Christmas 2010:



That was like The Fifth Take or something, because Woody kept messing it up by speaking (he does in this one too, but at least he didn't cut me off for once).  (Woody ALWAYS cuts me off.)

So I know exactly what musical number to pick – although technically not a musical number, it is a song from the character’s perspective so I figure it counts.  Plus I LOVE it.

Strange Things from Toy Story
Written and performed by Randy Newman.

3 comments:

  1. Scrolling endlessly through those puns made me cringe until I resembled a pretzel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra Feel Good Moment I Forgot To Mention: I saw a SQUIRREL.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.