Tuesday 7 May 2013

Bad Things #1

Sometimes my friends are sad, or stressed, or bad things happen to them, or bad people are total seawards to them.

And I admit that sometimes my friends do things that annoy me, or offend me, or bore me.  But not very often.  Most of the time they are funny, and kind, and interesting.  And they invite me to stay with them and help me with my story ideas and go exploring and watch way too much TV and act like big kids and travel really far just to have a picnic or see a show or visit an attraction they’ve never even heard of with me and perform magic shows à la Gob Bluth and send me twenty-one V cupcakes and phone me up from America during their lunch break just to make sure I’m okay.

They are always there for me.

So it pains me when they are in pain.  I want to wave a magic wand and make it disappear.  But I can’t.  I can’t make The Bad have not happened.  But when they are sad, I can comfort them and when they are stressed, I can point out how great they are and when bad things happen, I can listen. 

What baffles me is that anyone could actually be mean to one of my friends.  Because they are my friends, they are great and I love them.

So rationally, I know that if someone upsets my friend, it is because that someone is sad or stressed or dealing with a tough time themselves.  I don’t wish them ill will. 

I don’t, for example, hope

that they eat some mouldy bread


and The Mould eats their brain.


Not one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.