Monday 10 September 2018

Musical Monday #179

It's my birthday tomorrow, so I wanted to pick a musical number that in some way means something to me or I just really like and after watching about twenty different videos I got musical fatigue and decided to just go with something from Singin' In The Rain, coz it's one of the greatest musicals ever made, which is astounding considering it's just a dumb jukebox musical.

Good Morning from Singin' In The Rain
Performed by Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor
Written by Nacio Herb Brown and Arthur Freed


What I love about this number is that it's just three friends mucking about, having fun, like you might (if you were an amazing dancer and lived in a mansion).  You hear all these stories about what a cruel musical director Gene Kelly was and about crying and bleeding feet, but none of that seeps into the scene itself.  It's just a joyous demonstration of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.