Sunday 1 December 2019

How I Know My Friends

As part of another post I am working on, I was having a look at the diversity represented by my facebook friends list and I realised that the vast majority of people I know are through work.

Frankly, that's kind of depressing.

Here's the breakdown of how I know my friends:


Is this normal? How did I fall out of touch with so many people from university?

I guess work is something that pretty much continues forever, so you keep meeting new people, whereas things like education are a finite thing in the past so once you've met those people, you don't meet more. Clearly I need more hobbies though.

Of course, if I look at the people I spend the most time with (socially), then it is one from university, one from senior school, one friend of friend and one family.

But that just highlights how I do not see enough of my friends on a regular basis!

This definitely makes me want to reach out and celebrate my friendships more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.