Monday 26 November 2018

Musical Monday #187

With the trailer for the 'new' Lion King movie out, it seems like a good time to share a song from the original.  This really takes me back to playground days of trying to sing this song with other children and arguing over the comic inserts.  I don't think I was as swept away by this as my peers.  I was really only in it for the meerkat.  Although I was only into Aladdin for the parrot.  And The Little Mermaid for the crab.  Apparently I liked my dry-witted put-upon sidekicks.

I Just Can’t Wait To Be King from The Lion King
Performed by Jason Weaver, Rowan Atkinson and Laura Williams
Written by Elton John and Tim Rice


And for context, here's the song again from a different point of view (I prefer this movie anyway):

I Just Can't Wait To Be King from The Lion King 1 1/2 (aka The Lion King 3) 

So, are you one of these really excited for the new movie people or one of these horrified by the new movie people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.