Monday 19 November 2018

Musical Monday #186

Oh dear GOD, someone needed to write more lyrics for this song.

The sad thing about High School Musical songs is that they might be all right if they were sung like, well, MUSICALS, instead of this 'mimic a boyband hash'.


I Don’t Dance from High School Musical 2
Performed by Lucas Grabeel and Corbin Bleu
Written by Matthew Gerrard and Robbie Nevil


The really dumb thing about this song is that Ryan (the musical boy) is trying to convince Chad (the sports boy) and his team to join the talent show or some such and Chad is all like no, I don't like singing and dancing, that is dumb.  ...Except he sang and danced repeatedly in the first film and probably this one before this point too, what with them being musicals.  DUMB, I tell you, DUMB.  I can't believe these films were the biggest thing in the world at one point.

2 comments:

  1. I watched one of those movies and hated it with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Housemate and I watched TWO of these movies. I did pretty much hate them. It's all about two nauseating super-talented kids who are just *too* talented, oh the drama. I have seen a stage version of the first film and that was actually a lot better.

      Delete

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.