Monday 28 March 2016

Musical Monday #98

I started Musical Monday three years ago because I was sad and I discovered that music and particularly musical numbers could balm my sad at least temporarily, and since Mondays are often the hardest day of the week, I wanted to share some balm. 

So with the return of Musical Monday on something of a more regular basis than it has been in quite some time, I have decided to share what isn’t technically a musical number, but it involves both music and dance so is going to count, because it is from one of my COMFORT films. 

Comfort films are less fattening and more heart-warming than comfort food. 

I am pleased to say I am not at all sad these days but this film was there for me when I was very, very sad and I love it for that.


Cry To Me from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Scene performed by Armie Hammer and Alicia Vikander
Song performed by Solomon Burke and written by Bert Berns/Bert Russell


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.