Monday 7 April 2014

Musical Monday #55

So yesterday I went to see Muppets Most Wanted (confusingly not called Muppets Again, despite what the opening and closing musical numbers seem to think).  Following the Muppet tradition, it has a whole bunch of celebrity cameos.  And much like watching 70s Muppets, I was completely baffled as to who some of the celebrities were.  Apparently I will never be in touch with popular culture.

The Cameos I Knew Who They Were When They Turned Up:

  • Hugh Bonneville and Tom Hollander (ding ding ding ding!)
  • Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones (although the latter is for some reason not listed on the Wikipedia list of cameos in this film, but I definitely saw him, standing right next to Mackenzie Crook)
  • Celine Dion (although only because of the context of Miss Piggy is obsessed with her so I presumed the woman in the song must be her)
  • Salma Hayek
  • Tom Hiddleston
  • Ray Liotta and Danny Trejo (although I didn’t know the latter’s name, so didn’t get the joke about his name)
  • Usher Raymond (ONLY because they said ‘usher’ like three times during this bit and I am vaguely aware there is a singer called Usher)
  • Russell Tovey


The Cameos I Didn’t Recognise At The Time But Do Know Who These People Are In Hindsight:

  • Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga
  • Sean "Diddy" Combs (only because Wikipedia put the ‘Diddy’ in the middle of his name; on another list he was mentioned without it and I’d have no idea)
  • Frank Langella
  • James McAvoy
  • Chloë Grace Moretz (only just, but not really)
  • Miranda Richardson
  • Stanley Tucci


The Cameos I Still Don’t Know Who They Are Even After Looking Them Up:


  •  Jemaine Clement
  • Rob Corddry
  • Dexter Fletcher
  • Zach Galifianakis
  • Josh Groban (but what an amazing voice he has!)
  • Ross Lynch
  • Dylan "Hornswoggle" Postl
  • Saoirse Ronan
  • Til Schweiger
  • Christoph Waltz


(I’m sure there were more than that stuck to that wall at the end)

How did you do?

And now, a random Muppet Musical Number:

I’m Gonna Always Love You from The Muppets Take Manhattan
Performed by Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Richard Hunt and Dave Goelz.  Written by Jeff Moss.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.