Monday 24 February 2014

Musical Monday #49

So what if the plot didn’t make any sense, and it wasn’t as funny as it thought it was, and it was apparently a terrible adaptation…



…The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy film had one thing going for it.  Spectacle.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish from The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy
Song performed by the Tenebrae Choir, (scene performed by a bunch of imprisoned dolphins clearly - I used to know someone who said they knew which show this is from, but obviously I don't condone this stuff because it's a form of animal abuse)
Written by Joby Talbot, Christopher Austin and Garth Jennings 


What adaptations really grab your goat?

2 comments:

  1. Didn't see the film, but if it's as clever as this I might tune in. I've just been hesitant since I really really like the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly when I saw the film at the cinema I really enjoyed it - it was the first epic comedy I had seen NEW and that felt like something really special. However, having watched it a few times since the plot really doesn't make any sense. And as an adaptation it apparently edits lines so they don't work as well as they used to, and changes some concepts in a way that suggests that the writer didn't understand the jokes in the first place. Having seen some other films by this writer, I think this is likely. So if you love the books, then it might be best to continue steering clear. The soundtrack however is fantastic.

      Delete

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.