Tuesday 27 August 2013

Musical Monday #23

Anything Goes from Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom
Performed by Kate Capshaw
Written by Cole Porter


Er… yeah… about Musical Monday, I seem to have done it again.

Oh come on, it was a bank holiday yesterday, so it barely counted as a Monday, did it?  So today can be Monday.  Just go with me.


I’ll give you TWO musical numbers to make up for it.

Thanks For The Memory from The Big Broadcast Of 1938 
Performed by Bob Hope and Shirley Ross
Written by Ralph Rainger and Leo Robin



3 comments:

  1. You're so generous! I always forget there's a song in Temple Of Doom. Their attempt to distract us from the later unpleasantness, perhaps.

    Going to ignorant-it-up now: what's Thanks For The Memory actually from?

    I miss Bob Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay, so I somehow missed the title of the film RIGHT UNDERNEATH THE SONG I WAS WATCHING.

    Go ahead, have your laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAAAAAAA. A mighty laugh.

      I always wonder what is with the random dance sequence in that song in Temple Of Doom which appears to be happening on some kind of sound stage in a parallel dimension to the bar the scene is in.

      Yeah. Bob Hope's awesome.

      Delete

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.