Monday 3 June 2013

Musical Monday #11

I've had a very busy weekend and nearly clean forgot it was Musical Monday.  So this is just a quick post to fill The Obligation.

I watched Road To Morocco (the third in the Road series) this weekend, among several other films.  It is certainly the best so far.  It skips and jumps over the fourth wall like a prancing gazelle.  A gazelle with a charm and a wit you just don't get any more.

I wanted to quote The Favourite Exchange, but I've already sent The DVD back to lovefilm, so I had to look it up online and the two quoted versions I have found are different, so what follows is probably slightly misquoted.  OH WELL.

Turkey (Bob): A fine thing!  First you sell me for two hundred bucks.  Then I'm gonna marry the Princess.  Then you cut in on me.  Then we're carried off by a desert sheik.  Now we're gonna have our heads chopped off.
Jeff (Bing): I know all that.
Turkey (Bob): Yeah, but the people who came in the middle of the picture don't.
Jeff (Bing): You mean they missed my song?

 And now...

Road To Morocco from, uh, Road To Morocco
Performed by Bing Crosby and Bob Hope
Written by Johnny Burke and Jimmy Van Heusen.

I love Bob Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.