Friday 1 March 2013

The Jane Eyre Challenge - Part 21

The Housemate's musings on Jane Eyre (the character):


The grapes are still marching onwards, abridging and adapting the hell out of Charlotte Brontë's best work.

Should I feel guilty saying that?  That's the trouble when authors do great work.  They inevitably think their other, later work is better, because they have grown and learnt.  But I do like Jane Eyre better than Shirley and Villette.  And I like Sherlock Holmes better than The White Company - do you hear me, Doyle?

I'm sorry, I can't help it.  I just DO.

Excuse me while I guilt out.  And while I do, here's the grapes...





Grape Jane finds the family she has always wanted BY AMAZING COINCIDENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.