Sunday 17 February 2013

The Jane Eyre Challenge - Part 9

Today I went into one of the few shops that was open in town (a charity shop) and for want of anything else to do, rummaged through a pile of books.

And discovered The Church Mice At Christmas by Graham Oakley, which is one of my all time favourite books.  I already own it, but since it was here, I thought perhaps, maybe, just possibly there would be another from the series under all those books on this big long table.  So I went through every single book.  I must have moved two hundred books.

AND I FOUND ONE!

I found The Church Cat Abroad by Graham Oakley, the second in the series.  A Church Mice book I haven't read.  I could have hugged the person next to me, if they hadn't been a seedy old man in an overcoat.

That brings my collection up to SIX, which means I only have to find... however many are left (six, according to wikipedia).  Check out Graham Oakley's site here (EDIT: That doesn't seem to work any more).

Big cheesy beams all round.

And now on with the grapes.

Grape Jane gets some bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your enthusiastic and loving comment.